Isagenix Nutritional Cleansing

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stays together...

“A family that prays together, stays together.” No one ever could have prepared me for how difficult raising 4 kids was going to be. I have said many times, the most rewarding, yet hardest task one will ever have to experience in life, is raising up a family.

Raising kids actually reminds me a lot of building businesses. Seriously….. You invest a lot of time, money, and effort for years, not generally seeing the fruits of your labor for some time. Along the way you have some successes, as well as, setbacks. Sometimes you feel like there is progress, yet other times it seems as if you can’t do anything right. There is a saying, “you can’t please everyone, all the time!” So true in business, and in family!

It seems that the lessons your own parents were trying to teach you, as you were growing up, didn’t set in until you were older. My parents used to tell me all the time, “just wait until you have kids of your own….” It seemed that everything I did wrong, in their eyes, would make more sense to me when I seen my kids do the same things. As I chuckle when I say this, now with my kids, not only do I see what my parents seen, I find myself saying what my parents said! Can anyone relate?

There was one thing that my mom always told us kids as we were growing up. She told us that it was her wish that we would learn to love one another, and always be there for each other in times of need. My mom wanted more than anything for us to stay together as a family, even after we were grown. Something she said didn’t happen in her family, or my dads. Unfortunately she didn’t get her wish. Though I love my brother and sister very much, we do not have much of a relationship since becoming adults. All of us are on different paths, and we communicate very little.

For me, this is a goal that I have taken on from my mom and wish the same thing for my kids. Over the years I had to ask myself, “what can we do to instill this sense of love and appreciation for one another in our family?”

It wasn’t until late 2007 when we really started seeking God in our lives. Shortly after we lost our 1st internet business since moving to Michigan, we quickly realized that something needed to change. Since we always believed in God, just didn’t attend church or focus on our spiritual growth much before, we decided to do so. Our entire family took to attending church and growing in the Lord very well. Sundays became a day that we looked forward to. Church become so enjoyable that we began to seek a Sunday Night and Wednesday Night service.

As we continued to grow spiritually, and came to know Christ in our lives as Lord and Savior, everything changed. I began to realize that the love my mom wanted for her family, that she couldn’t figure out why it was missing in our lives, was Jesus. Since our family has found Christ, the difference in how each of us act toward one another is amazing. Though we all have different personalities and like different things, there is a common bond that each of us share which keeps us united. The principles taught in the Bible, especially when acted upon in your life, are truly life changing. Our experience has been nothing less than amazing.

Though my mom passed away over 3 years ago now, she would be happy to know that we have found the missing ingredient in our lives. Her wish may not have come to pass in her family while she was alive, however, she instilled that same dream in me, and I am sure it will come to pass in my family! I am also confident, since God was able to move in mine and Melisa’s life, there is still time for Him to move in my brother and sisters lives also!!

My mom planted a seed in me many years ago. Eventually that seed started to sprout and now has begun to grow. In business and family, the fruits of your labor may not always show up right away, or in the exact fashion that you may have hoped for. However, with belief, consistent effort, and persistence, in time your desired result will manifest.

I want to give a special thanks to a special woman who, through her love and example, influenced my becoming the man, husband, and father I am today.

Miss you mom!
Much love,
Ron