Isagenix Nutritional Cleansing

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Connecting the dots...

Many times my wife and I find ourselves talking about certain circumstances, or events, that took place in our lives. It is fascinating when you look at how coincidental certain situations were and how one little thing led to another, which led to another, and so on. As we looked back over the past 12 years of our lives, since being married, we were able to connect the dots with amazement.

Can you remember a time in your life when you met someone out of the blue. That meeting then led to a dinner engagement where they introduced you to their friends Chris and Susan. Chris happened to be in business for himself in your field of expertise. Without knowing it, he was currently looking to hire someone, with your credentials, and you happen to be in between jobs yourself. How coincidental, eh? Of course, this is just a short story to serve simply as an example, but I think you get the point.

Just looking back at the start of our marriage, amazing. You might chuckle to find out that when Melisa and I were married, in our little 2 bedroom apartment in Newport News, I was a pizza delivery driver. Hah hah, I know, go ahead and laugh. I had mentioned that I wanted to learn a trade, but didn’t know what, to the maintenance man at our apartment complex. He said he knew a guy hiring carpet helpers and gave me his number. That started my carpet installation career.

While I was on the job training, my boss hired another young guy, mind you I was 18 at the time, who was a year older than me. However, he was already good at installing carpet, whereas I was still a “green horn.” Anyhow, as it would turn out, 6 months later, I quit working for this company, and started my own carpet installation business, partnering with this other younger installer. That is how First Class Installations came to be. So, what if I wouldn’t have lived in those apartments. What would have happened if, we will call him Rick though that isn’t his real name, didn’t get hired while I was learning how to install carpet? Truth be told, it was his idea for us to quit and start our own business! Would things have turned out differently?

As irony, if you believe in irony, would have it, while I was in business for myself now, the same maintenance guy hooked me up with a contract in our apartment complex. I was now installing carpet in all their units, which used to be installed by my former boss. You know, my former boss whom my maintenance guy hooked me up with 10 months before that. Heh heh…. From there we met another gentleman named Marcus, who really liked us because we were young and ambitious. It was him that nailed a contract for us with a company called Contractor’s Carpet. While we were installing there, for about a year or so, there was another gentleman who worked in the field named Phil. Phil insisted I talk to a gentleman named Woodrow at Lowe’s. He set the appointment up for me and said I could do much better there, than I was currently. Long story short, Woodrow quickly had me approved to install for Lowe’s and the rest is History!!

So again I raise the question? What if I never would have met Marcus? Then, while installing for Marcus, met Phil, who in turn led me to Woodrow? How would life have been different? Perhaps even more greater than that is how we met Sean, whom we partnered with in 2005 leaving behind our carpet company and our hometown. It was a fluke, we met online in a networking business. Through that initial contact that we made, a relationship had begun developing, which eventually led to a whole new life for me and my family.

That is just a quick overview, to illustrate what I mean when talking about connecting the dots! If you look back over your life it is amazing at how one little event led to something else which led to that one thing happening which made the next thing possible where you met that one guy who told you about that one deal and that one deal led to another deal with this one guy who knew this other guy and on and on and on…….

Life is amazing! Perhaps one day I will have to write a book, however, write it backwards. Like when I am 50, write a book going backwards illustrating all the decisions and circumstances that took place in order to arrive where I currently am. You don’t always know which direction you are headed in, or how you are going to make it through the next few years, or who you are going to meet in the next day, week, or month, until that time has come to pass. However, once you have lived it, experienced it, and tasted it, you can look back, trace your steps, and wow yourself in amazement at how you got here!

Did that make sense? :-)

The best part of our life experience is just that. It is an experience! One that we are continually working on, to enjoy more and more everyday! Even when facing a challenge, looking back over your past life experiences, you can see how every time they came, and went. Though some might seem harder that others, in reality, they always come to pass.

If looking back over my life has taught me anything, it would be this. Life is easy, hard, fun, scary, exciting, adventurous, loud, quiet, annoying, fulfilling, heart breaking, unpredictable, incredible, sorrowful, happy………. You get the point! Life is an experience. It might not be fun all the time, however, we are blessed to have experienced it!

Try and connect the dots in your life. Living life to it’s fullest, one experience at a time.
Peace,
Ron