Isagenix Nutritional Cleansing

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Do what you fear

Let’s talk about fear. You know, False Evidence Appearing Real! How many times do we allow fear to paralyze ourselves from doing what we know we must? In business we all want to have the big results, lifestyle, and freedom that comes from building a successful enterprise. If you are going to succeed it will require shattering your limiting beliefs, facing your fears constantly, and living outside your comfort zone.

“Do what you fear until you fear it no more.” – Anonymous

I have to constantly remind myself of that quote. When there is a task that needs to be completed, such as making a sales call, and the overwhelming feeling of not wanting to do it starts to set in, it is important you face that fear and push through it. So many times fear will create a paralysis so great that people will miss opportunity rather than push through it. It is fact that the more you face your fears, the less you will fear them.

When we first started our business, I hated making phone calls. Honestly not really sure why. I guess for many, and probably myself, it was the fear of rejection. Yet the calls never turned out the way I feared they would. Shortly after starting to make the dials, and talking with a couple of clients, what I feared became something I enjoyed to do. It is almost pathetic when looking back at how much time was lost in procrastinating, rather than just getting started. The stress and worry I put myself through was ridiculous.

For some of you reading this, I am sure you can relate. Let’s pick on, and hopefully inspire, you network marketers out there who hate making phone calls. You know what I am talking about. You have a list of people whom you need to call. Whether they are people you know, or referrals interested your opportunity, the thought of calling them makes you sick to your stomach. The time has come to make your dials and all of a sudden you realize how disorganized your desk is. “Before I start my calls, I better clean up my desk right quickly,” you think to yourself. Once your desk is clean and organized, you remember there were a few emails you needed to respond to. Then you have this genius idea. “I bet these people don’t want me to call them, I should just send them an email instead!” That feeling in your gut continues to increase, you become more and more uncomfortable. The thought of sending them an email instead of calling sounds great, however, your intuition is telling you it isn’t the right thing to do. After procrastinating and wasting all your productive time, fearing to make your calls, you realize it is now too late to make calls. “How rude it would be for me to call someone this late at night, what if they have kids who are in bed, I would wake them, and that would not be good. I better just wait and call these tomorrow instead!” The sad reality is tomorrow you will find other reasons not to make the calls as well. “I should’ve called these yesterday, it is probably too late to call them now, I will just send them an email.” And so the pattern repeats itself, until you finally give up and decide that building a business which can create financial freedom for you and your family just isn’t worth the discomfort of facing your fears. You quickly return to your old life, back into your comfort zone, and surrender your dreams to fear.

If you don’t want to do something, yet you know it is the next thing you must do in order to move your business forward, you gotta force yourself to do it anyway. Ask yourself, “what is the worse thing that could happen?” And, “what is the best thing?” Remember the reason why you are making that call, facing your fear, in the first place. Then, just do it! You will be surprised at how simple the process really is, and how quickly you move from fear to enjoyment.

In the book, “Eat that Frog,” they talk about doing the things you dread most first thing in your day. Get them out of the way as soon as possible. If you do, the rest of your day will naturally flow. If you don’t, and you choose to stress doing that dreadful task, your day will be miserable. You will quickly find that not facing your fear is more torture than facing it! Go ahead, prove me wrong! What is it that you have been putting off because of fear? Take some time right now, and face it! Crush your fear and experience the satisfaction that awaits you.

Fear is a mechanism that has been instilled in each of us for two reasons. The first is to warn you of danger. The second is an indicator which tells you what needs to be done next. So when you are filled with fear ask yourself, “is this going to harm me in anyway?” If the answer is no, then do what you fear, once you do, you will fear it no more!

To your success,
Ron